RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program
May 21, 2021
Notice of Funding Availability under the Emergency Solutions Grant Program
Mississippi Home Corporation hereby notifies interested organizations of the availability of funds for the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) to assist individuals and families quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. The ESG program is a competitive grant that awards funds to private nonprofit organizations, cities, and counties in the State of Mississippi. The ESG program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is administered by Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC).
Applying for Funding
- • Applicants can submit one application for ESG and one application for ESG-CV.
- • Eligible applicant organizations include units of general-purpose local governments and private nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- • Interested organizations must provide proof of financial viability. While this is an open solicitation, preference will be given to projects that exhibit a collaborative effort among different service providers.
- • In response to the coronavirus pandemic, applications will be accepted for ESG-CV, a component of ESG (see application manual for details on ESG-CV)
- • NEW applicants are encouraged to apply and may be considered for MATCH exemption (see application manual for details).
- • Returning applicants may have the option to apply for one to two-year ESG grant funding (see application manual for details).
2021 EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA): May 21, 2021
Application Open: May 21, 2021
Application Seminar: June 2, 2021
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
Application Review and Scoring: June 11 – July 11, 2021
Board Recommendation: August 11, 2021
Awards Announced: August 23, 2021
ESG manuals, applications, and forms may be downloaded from MHC’s website at mshomecorp.com
Applications must be submitted electronically and by mail.
Mississippi Home Corporation
Attn: Tamara Stewart
735 Riverside Drive
Jackson, MS 39202