Disaster Recovery Program
The Disaster Recovery Program provides housing assistance to counties covered by an Emergency or Major Disaster Declaration issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The disaster declaration must have been issued on or after January 1, 2020. The Program uses 2020 Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) funds awarded to the State by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Eligible beneficiaries are homeowners with an annual income not to exceed 80% of area median income for the county adjusted for household size. Eligible activities are repair and rehabilitation of single-family owner-occupied housing. An owner-occupied factory-built house can be replaced if it cannot be repaired.
- Households with owner-occupied housing.
- Household Annual Gross Income not to exceed 80% of area median income (AMI).
- Proof of Household Annual Gross Income-Based on Part 5 Income Eligibility Determination Method.
- Proof of homeownership. The Disaster Program follows the guidelines of the Home Rehabilitation Program.
- Households must provide insurance settlement documentation showing the cost to repair the home is more than the insurance settlement.
- Third-party documentation showing that the beneficiary’s home suffered damages in the disaster must be provided. Acceptable documentation may include homeowner’s insurance settlement, physical site assessment report, inspection report or documentation obtained from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) verifying that the property address is reporting in its system. Homeowners must report damages impacted by the storm to the Emergency Manager assigned at the County’s Local Emergency Management Office. Information located at https://www.msema.org/county-ema/.
- Proof of Financial inability to pay to repair damages directly or substantially affected by a disaster will be documented by the availability of cash in a checking or savings account.
Need to Apply?
Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan
Application Preparer's Certification
Certifications & Assurances
Chief Executive's Certification
Conflict of Interest Certification
Definitions of Family and Household Members
Disaster Recovery Plan Outline
Funding Certification Form
Phase I Application
HUD Form 2880
Program Fact Sheet
Project Administrators Project Experience Certification
ACH Credit Authorization Form
Citizens Participation Requirements MHC
Close Out Package
Application and Guidelines
HOME-Homeowner Rehab Set Up & Completion Form.doc
MHC Request for Cash Form
Project Completion Schedule
Uniform Residential Replacement Plan